Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Dating culture today in general, sucks

Ok. So I'm back to dating again... ugh... I don't know why I do this to myself. Before I got married, Dating was stressful and now there's a whole new culture out there. The "hook-up" culture which goes against all my natural instincts in dating and dating goals. I feel like an empath in a sea of narcissists.

I'm a full time mom of 2 girls and have limited "me" time. This makes the already difficult challenges of dating, more difficult. I have seen the conveniences of technology turn our already impatient culture into a culture of instant gratification. "Give me what I want now or I walk. Once I get what I want I'm going to walk anyway". Doesn't anyone take the time to get to know one another anymore?
And yeah while texting is convenient we've gotten into a rut of text only.

There's too many rules for what's "acceptable"... do this, not this and to tell you the truth a lot of it is not me. I HATE games. I'm not a player so I'm not here to play games. I suck at mind games because I hate them and it just isn't me. Wait this long to text someone back, play hard to get, etc. Why is it desperate of me to text back when I get the message? Or else I'll forget and that's just rude. Maybe I want to answer.  Especially if I like a dude. Whatever.

Then there's the flirt. Texting can cause meaning to be lost. Are they going to get the context. Did that go to far. I mean I have a dirty mind and a twisted sense of humor. I'm always stressing about what message I'm sending The stress. Then there's the dating advice. So generalized yet specific. Not everyone is the same.

I'm just going to be myself and hope for the best. That's all I can do.

Here's a humorously accurate video about dating today.

https://youtu.be/tTT_hOUXMTo

No comments:

Post a Comment